12 month fixed term contract.
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
About the role
With an increased workload in the transportation team, Stantec is seeking a Project Assistant to work in our Rockhampton team.
This role will ensure our projects are well managed through the project life cycle by supporting Project Managers to plan, program, coordinate and manage specific projects whilst taking on certain task management elements of individual projects as they arise.
Day to day tasks would involve:
• Assisting with development of project proposals
• Communication with project teams
• Integration with client delivery teams
• Tracking and forecasting project performance/delivery and financials position
• Assist in accounts processing function and provide support to head office along with monitoring process flows to streamline work process
• Accurately process accrual registers along with subcontractor claims in accordance with the contract
• Provide administration support to the project working groups including the preparation of routine correspondence, minutes of meeting, sourcing of information as required
• Effectively maintain hard copy and electronic site filing systems and registers
• Receives and registers project documentation, including in-house generated document
• Controls issuance of document numbers, including maintenance of proper document and deliverable registers
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing.
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Working Arrangements
Project Assistant (12 month fixed term contract)
To be successful for this role you’ll need:
• An understanding of Project Management Systems and tracking and ideally experience with Primavera P6 would be an advantage.
• Understanding of Project Finance Controls, ideally with experience in SAP, 3PCM
• Several years’ work experience in relevant industries or roles that have required you to be highly organised, whilst co-ordinating and prioritising many tasks
• Ability to work autonomously as well as within high pressure team environment
• Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Excel, is required together with strong communication skills and attention to detail
• Ideally you have previous experience as a Project Administrator in a construction or infrastructure environment and ability in dealing with the client, stakeholders and site personnel
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills with ability to look at new (improved) ways of doing things
• Initiative to address issues as they arise, with the aptitude and flexibility for taking on new challenges
• High attention to detail, along with strong data entry skills
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. We collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water, transport and infrastructure projects to life. Our work from initial project concept and planning through design, construction and commissioning is built on a nearly 200-year history. So, when we take on a project, we see the opportunity to make a lasting connection with the people and places where we live and work.
Australia – Rockhampton