Australia – New South Wales, Sydney – AU
AECOM are seeking a Principal Civil Engineer with strong experience in technical delivery, business development and project management to be a senior figure in our highly successful Sydney Defence Team.
We are looking for a passionate individual who can help grow the team further through existing and new contacts and who is a natural multi-disciplinary engineering leader able to work collaboratively in a multi-discipline environment.
As a leader with a client focus and a technical background, you would be responsible for both winning and delivering complex, large scale projects that provide high standard outcomes for AECOM clients.
You will have a Civil Engineering background with existing relationships working with Defence and Defence Contractors. Your design experience can range from master planning and technical advice to detailed designs of roads, pavements, drainage, wastewater, aviation and utility coordination.
You will have experience leading and working collaboratively with multi-discipline teams including building services, architects, environment, water, energy and various other specialists.
You will be an experienced project manager with an understanding of all phases of a development project from planning, through to design and delivery and can demonstrate an ability to liaise with external stakeholders and contractors to deliver positive project outcomes.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
* Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar;
* Extensive years of relevant Civil engineering experience with a focus on Defence infrastructure projects;
* Strong relationships with existing clients, potential new clients and a drive to win work;
* Ability to work independently, with a responsible approach to the delivery of engineering outcomes, supervising junior engineers the selection of appropriate techniques, procedures and methods;
* Competent in exercising sound engineering judgement whilst contributing to the design and development of engineering solutions, identifying constraints, opportunities and buildability issues;
* Capable in the planning and organisation of tasks, people, project programmes and fee proposals;
* Proactive management of project financials to ensure planned budgets are met;
* A passion to engage in the creative and innovative development of engineering technology and continuous improvement systems;
* Ability to collaborate within a team environment and proven strength in communicating concepts/ideas to technical and non-technical stakeholders; and
* Passionate about training and mentorships of junior team members;
* Available to travel as required for projects (e.g. inspections, meetings, design groups);
* Full working rights in Australia
* Security Clearance is preferable but not essential.
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering – Civil
**Business Line** Water
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 238658BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.