**Ericsson Functional Area: **Strategic Competence Unit (SCU)
**Work Rights:**AU/NZ Citizen or Australian Permanent Resident****
**Travel:**up to 80% globally
**Background Checks: **All employment offers to join Ericsson are subject to satisfactory completion of our global pre-employment check
As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with over 45,000 life-enhancing technologies to our name, at Ericsson we’ve made it our business to make a mark. We are on a quest, relentlessly innovating to make technology easy to adopt, easy to use and easy to scale. As a team, we are helping to solve some of society´s most complicated challenges, enabling you to be ‘the person that did that’.
We’ll help you design your future! You can choose to be an expert or a leader or both! Leveraging everything from cybersecurity to machine learning, making smart manufacturing and autonomous mines a reality. With access to hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world with the support to really find ‘your great’ and the ability to rediscover it, again and again.
Would you like to work on the leading-edge mobile technologies? Machine Learning, 5G, IoT, …? In **Strategic Competence Unit** (SCU) within Network Design and Optimisation (NDO) area in Ericsson, we are already there! Do you like travelling, a multicultural and highly skilled environment, and plenty of opportunities for career growth? If you have good experience in network design and optimization, we offer you the opportunity to work with operators worldwide, alongside our product development team, shaping the next generation networks. With us you can continuously upskill, in a fast-paced ever-changing technology landscape. We are building the CTOs of the future. Are you up for the challenge? Want to join us at Ericsson?
**Our exciting opportunity: **
This position sits within Strategic Competence Unit (SCU), a highly experienced global team at Ericsson. You will be working at the cutting edge of technology (ML, 5G, IoT, AEO, and VoLTE/VoNR) and will be involved with projects in many diverse global locations. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert (SME) and a go-to person in the field of Radio Network Design and Optimisation. Although this position is based in Sydney or Melbourne, Australia, you will be required to travel extensively to Ericsson and Customer sites around the world, for both short and long duration assignments.
**Responsibilities & Tasks **
* Provide network solutions on the latest technologies in Radio Access Network (RAN) space, considering E2E impacts.
* Develop and deliver machine learning solutions in the RAN Design or Optimisation area to mobile operators
* Design solutions that are scalable, robust and cost effective that fulfils operators’ technical and business requirements
* Manage customer expectations, implementation of customer solutions within agreed time, scope and cost
* Lead discussion with Customers (Technical Staff and Senior Management), understand customer requirements
* Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing
**Minimum Qualifications & Experience Requirements:**
The successful applicant must have a blend of skills required to contribute to the Radio Network Consulting team in pre-sales and delivery processes, use of consulting methodology and development of the technical expertise across a team of people;
* Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications Engineering or IT.
* Minimum 10 years of Radio Network Design and Optimisation experience or relevant experience in ICT Industry.
* Expertise in one or more of the following areas: 5G, Internet of Things (IoT). VoLTE, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (ML & AI) applied to NDO services,and Application Experience Optimization
* Programming skills/experience in languages will be an advantage;
* Python – Pandas & NumPy, Pyspark, Hadoop, Git repository or similar.
* Deep technical RAN knowledge is an advantage.
* Experienced in using the radio network design and optimisation tools is an advantage.
* **Ability to travel globally up to 80% of the time (project dependent)**
In Australia, we are known for delivering “World-First” projects for Australia’s largest and most renowned telecommunications carriers. This is a chance to play a critical role in the success of the Ericsson organisation in Australia, whilst providing you with a fantastic career development opportunity and the chance to work alongside the brightest minds in our industry.
**What’s in it for you?**
With over 90,000 employees across 180+ countries, we have a culture that respects and supports your ambitions, in alignment with our values of Respect, Professionalism and Perseverance. Ericsson is extremely focused on learning and development, supports mobility and flexible working hours. We are also committed to diversity and inclusion and to be a responsible and relevant driver of positive change. We also offer some awesome benefits, amazing career development and training programs to provide an empowered career in a connected world.
**Ericsson is a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women!**See our benefits and policies here:****https://au.work180.co/employer/ericsson/benefits
What happens next once you apply? Read about the next steps here
For your interview preparation, here are a few “Tips&Tricks” from our recruiters
For your prep and reference, here is our overall Brandvideo and some insights about our innovations in 5G
Ericsson is continuing to hire for all open roles with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. Everyone new to the team, along with our current staff, will temporarily work from home until it is safe to return to our offices.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.