**Who is Mastercard?**
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Software Engineering
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a leading supplier of online payment and fraud screening services. We are an innovative and ambitious market leader intent on growing our global presence. We follow the best software development and Agile practices, to deliver successfully, again and again.
As part of our ongoing expansion, we’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer who is as passionate about technical leadership as they are about people leadership, someone who enjoys creating and delivering successful software platforms while growing people to perform at their best.
• Be part a team that is responsible for building a global platform that performs at scale serving millions of customers.
• Lead the team in honing the best software development practices, technical design and implementation to be successful.
• Provide technical leadership to the team to make the right technology implementation decisions, meeting the needs of the business and operational teams.
• Tech Lead – experience in leading and guiding a team of developers to hone our adoption of modern software development practices, selecting and implementing technologies correctly, all the while delivering successfully to meet our business objectives.
• Team Lead – with experience in leading a team of developers, applying great software development practices, while growing the strengths of the people in our team.
• Agile Coach – facilitate the Agile (Scrum) team ceremonies and to enable Agile delivery of software.
All About You
• You bring advanced skills in designing, building, and implementing robust solutions that perform faultlessly at scale.
• You have experience using modern software development practices, including test driven development, automated testing, micro-services and continuous delivery.
• Your analytical skills enable you to see around corners to the problems that lie out of sight so that we can overcome them before they bite us.
• You are a self-starter, creative thinker, proactive and enthusiastic; and a team player, as keen on the success of those around you as of your own.
• You’re a great communicator and have proven experience in collaborating effectively with business stakeholders.
• You have exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
Your technology acumen is highly regarded; including deep skills in many, perhaps all, of the following technologies:
• C#, .NET and ASP
• XML, JSON
• HTML & CSS
• MSSQL / Postgres
• Unit Testing
• Distributed systems (Apache Kafka, Apache Zookeeper, Apache Ignite) would be beneficial.
Finance industry experience will be regarded.
What is it like to work with us?
Within our development teams we encourage pairing, automated testing and continuous delivery, and we do it while mixing in loads of fun. Our squads consist of 8-9 people who work together across technology, product and delivery as an autonomous unit. We believe strongly in continuous learning and personal development, providing access to training and extensive libraries of information. We participate in guilds across the company to keep learning from one another. Your manager acts as a coach to help guide you and your career.
We’re committed to creating inclusive, safe environments where anyone, no matter their background, can contribute and succeed.
_Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law._
_If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact_ email@example.com_ _and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly._
**Requisition ID:** R-107832