**Who is Mastercard?**
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Network Operations (Night shift)
Mastercard’s Operational Command Centre (OCC) partners with our Customers to deliver world class technical support for Mastercard infrastructures and applications, enabling growth, diversification and new business generation. Our Centre’s operating model is 24x7x365.
We are pleased to announce the establishment of an Operational Command Centre in Mastercard’s Australian Tech Hub.
Based in St Leonards the OCC will enable us to provide our clients with a full follow-the-sun operation, by working closely with our other Centres in the US and India.
We have a number of opportunities for talent, at varying levels of their career, to join us during this exciting time.
• Provide 24x7x365 technical operations support for Mastercard’s global infrastructure; with focus on minimizing impact to Customers and internal users.
• This specific opportunity is for you to lead and manage a team who monitor the infrastructure and be a key stakeholder in Mastercard Incident and Change Management processes.
• Regularly perform data analysis to determine Mastercard’s performance and identify areas of improvement.
• Have you worked in a control center environment?
• Do you like to triage and drive events to resolution?
• Do you like to interact with Customers, vendors, and support teams on a global scale?
• Plan, coordinate and implement change within the network environment.
• Provide business knowledge and technical support for department.
• Provide leadership, direction and supervision to staff.
• Ensure area is adequately staffed and managed; personnel have appropriate training and skills resulting in successful behaviors.
• Perform strategic planning, financial planning, administration and management of department, including workforce management and reporting shift allowances to payroll.
• Provide technical and advisory support for staff to ensure the development and implementation of applications.
• Provide management level status reports.
• Coordinate multiple project efforts.
All about You
• Suitable candidates must bring an advanced-level knowledge of routing, switching, tunneling, and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS).
• Demonstrates the ability to function in 5 of the following disciplines: UNIX, Mainframe, Production Control, File Transfer, Single-Message, Dual-Message, or Network), and has intermediate-level understanding in at least 4 areas.
• Advanced UNIX scripting and tool monitoring, JCL, MVS, batch scheduling, knowledge of tandem technology
• Demonstrate previous people management experience and leadership qualities
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Expert-level ability to perform post-event analysis.
• Management experience applying extended expertise of principles, theories and concepts.
• Experience in developing and managing departmental budget.
• You demonstrate comfort in influencing and building relationships internally and externally to achieve successful business outcomes
• Highly effective organisation skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
• Strong communication skills able to bridge all levels of the organisation up and down to create a shared knowledge and understanding of project details, issues and solutions.
• Suitable candidates will have a passion for learning and thrive in a fast paced environment
• You are a strong team player, resilient and are able to work autonomously
_Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law._
_If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact_ email@example.com_ _and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly._
**Requisition ID:** R-107442