900 million. Over the past 20 years, together with our partners, Novartis delivered more than 900 million treatments, including over 390 million pediatric treatments, without profit to malaria-endemic countries. As part of our Pharma business, this role will work closely with all of our franchises, ensuring more patients gain access to these treatments in future years.
Support the General Counsel in providing high quality legal advice and transactional documentation to Novartis Pharmaceuticals and group companies across all business areas of operation.
Your responsibilities include, but not limited to:
* Provide high quality legal advice and transactional documentation to Novartis Pharmaceuticals and group companies as needed in commercial law including contracts, pharmaceutical industry regulation, strategic partnerships, data and digital, business development and licensing, intellectual property and competition law
* Drive negotiations and prepare advice and high- level documentation for commercial transactions
* Support internal business stakeholders meet their business objectives
* Ensure compliance with regulatory laws across group companies
* Provide training and education to staff to increase legal awareness and commercial skills
* Contribute to Novartis’ global and regional legal initiatives
* Cultivate a mind-set of curiosity, inspiration and simplicity within the legal function
What you’ll bring to the role:
* University degree in Law and admission as a legal practitioner in Australia with a current practising certificate (or ability to obtain one promptly)
* Experience in commercial law including experience in one or more of the following areas:
o Negotiating and documenting commercial partnerships
o Business development and licensing
o Data Sciences
o Emerging Technologies, machine learning or AI
o The re-imbursement of drugs, health economics or pay share models
* Exceptional drafting skills and experience in negotiating commercial agreements, including licensing, distribution, consulting, marketing and co-promotion agreements
* Ability to proactively provide insightful, commercial and timely legal advice to stakeholders across diverse functions and work independently and as part of a multi-functional team
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of or experience with the pharmaceutical industry would be advantageous, however other industry experience coupled with strong learning agility and adaptability would also be considered
Why consider Novartis?
750 million. That’s how many lives our products touch. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status or disability.
Legal & Intellectual Property & Compliance
AU Pharma Pty Ltd