**Java Technology Sales Director – GraalVM**
**JavaTechnology Sales – GraalVM Business Development Position**
Java Sales is a
world-wide sales organization within Oracle. We sell Java SE and GraalVM
Subscriptions to enterprises and government organizations to ensure the secure
and productive use of Java and other programming languages. Java Sales has the
most dynamic growth in Oracle.
GraalVM is the next
big thing for the Java Team. GraalVM is a new
Java runtime, developed within Oracle Labs, that offers a number of
industry-leading unique features. Whether your customers are interested in
seeing their Java applications run faster, or if they want to work with truly
cloud native applications, or want to combine many programming languages into a
single project, GraalVM enables all of this. With a strong background in research,
the project has moved to be a production ready platform that is now set to revolutionize
the Enterprise Computing landscape.
This position offers you the unique chance to kick off this compelling new
business in an extremely well recognized team.
The GraalVM Business Development
Executive is responsible for market development, thought leadership and deal
support. Their main task is the generation of a well-qualified
of prospects that are interested in the unique value proposition offered by
The focus of this role will be to drive
new business with organizations which operate large scale applications, such as
huge Internet Companies, Governmental Organizations, Telecommunication Companies,
Financial Institutions and many more, whose value propositions are dependent on
large commercial software applications deployed in the cloud.
This person will be responsible for defining target prospects in their territory,
prioritizing and following up on leads and engaging with KADs, Sales Reps and Sales Management within
In addition, the candidate will connect with Java and Scala User Groups and other
**The ideal candidate will have:**
– A good understanding of software development and deployment processes (cloud
and on premise) as well as software asset management
– Understanding of industry and market trends in compute intensive
applications and deployments
– Experience presenting to both large and small audiences (Executives, IT
Management, and Developers)
– A strong direct sales background
* Must have
10 years proven relevant experience (business development AND direct sales) in the
technology market is required
experience in executing value selling models
ability to build and deliver compelling sales propositions
Bachelor’s level degree, or equivalent
ability to travel (50%) is required. This will include international travel
Communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal)
**Detailed Description and Job Requirements**
Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and designs “go-to-market” plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Pursues sales opportunities in the market, and carries the baton in the beginning of the sales cycle.
A Business Development Representative is assigned to strategic accounts which may be grouped by industry where Oracle has a limited presence. Acts as primary liaison between Consulting, Sales, and Oracle Development for the product
* s sales opportunities. Generates business opportunities through prospecting mass market programs and leveraging third party partners. Develops and coordinates a worldwide relationship with customers that establishes Oracle as a preferred vendor and optimizes Oracle’s sales of product. Executes aggressive strategies and plans to successfully drive the product as the preferred customer selection. Provides account representatives with information on how the product addresses specific needs, and assists account representatives in using Oracle’s products to leverage large revenue opportunities. Assists in articulating product message, coordinates technical resources and hands off deals to a successful close.
Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner. 12 years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales or sales management. Marketing and business development experience preferred. Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to negotiate and close complex deals. Ability to determine strategy and tactical plans that deliver tangible results. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to Travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
**Other Locations:** Malaysia, Philippines, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, HK-HK,Hong Kong-Causeway Bay, China, JP-JP,Japan-Tokyo
**Job Type:** Regular Employee Hire