**CBS BUSINESS UNIT:** Network 10
**JOB TYPE:** Full-Time Staff
**JOB LOCATION:** Pyrmont,AUS
We’re Network 10 (Hello!), a division of CBS Studios international – which in turn is a division of ViacomCBS.
Our vision is simple. We deliver content that is premium and differentiated to the young and young at heart in the way they want it via an enhanced viewing ecosystem.
What does that even mean? Put simply, we’ve got all the shows you love (and love to hate) right here. We create content that gets people talking. What’s more, you’ll find all those great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels – 10, 10 Peach and 10 Bold – and our digital platform 10 Play and all over Australia.
But that’s not all. We also love sharing great content on our news and entertainment site 10 Daily and soon, you’ll all get to enjoy 10 All Access, our subscription video on demand service, has to offer. We can’t wait to show you what we’ve got.
Seriously, switch over right now.
10 News First. Masterchef. The Bachelor. I’m a Celebrity. Survivor Australia.
These are the shows that get people talking – and they’re at home with many more at Network 10. We’re the home of exciting, bold, escapist entertainment served through your screens every day.
But enough about us.
It’s right there in the title… we’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated IT and Broadcast Systems Engineer with previous systems management and administration experience in the media industry to join our technology team in our Sydney Offices.
We’re obviously looking for someone with all the skills but more importantly we want someone who is creative and passionate and wants to help 10 succeed in the ever-changing media world.
Some of the things you’ll be doing;
* Manage our Linux and Windows platforms – physical, virtualized, and in the cloud.
* Ensuring our media asset management systems delivers content to air.
* Make sure the environment is resilient, backup the backups.
* Contribute across the technology stack, you’ll get your hand dirty, make it your own.
* Document and transfer knowledge across team. We love to learn.
What we’d like you to bring;
* Strong and demonstratable experience working with all flavours of Linux (including AWS!) and Windows. You’ll be a Linux person at heart but know the role Windows plays and how to keep them all in check.
* Experience with VMware, Hyper-V and KVM would be handy.
* Great understanding of storage systems from disk to tape as well as how the content gets there. Hands on knowledge of IBM TSM (Spectrum Protect) and EMC’s Isilon storage as well as large tape libraries will keep your day stress free.
* Can you speak tech? Proficiency in a language (Python, Bash etc) would assist you in being that little bit more creative.
What aces catch our eye?
* Viz One, Cisco UCS, Nimble Storage, Squid Proxies, Nagios monitoring experience.
Personally, we want you to;
* Work well in high pressure, time critical situations.
* Work well in a cross functional team environment
* Have an ability to accurately and quickly assess and resolve problems.
* Operate in a professional and courteous manner.
* Be an effective communicator.
* Always be learning!
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about working with the latest platforms and technologies, takes pride in their work and is keen to contribute and learn in a collaborative environment. Most importantly you must be creative, innovative and always looking for ways to improve.
So, if you feel that your skills and experience would be suited to this opportunity and enjoy the challenge of working in a busy team environment, let’s talk. Send us a cover letter and resume outlining how your experience matches our requirements and we’ll get the ball rolling.#LI-DM1
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled