Stantec is a global leader in the water infrastructure sector. We implement technically innovative water and wastewater solutions to manage and meet increasingly complex regulatory and quality standards while focusing on sustainable and cost effective options. We provide a full suite of integrated water, wastewater, stormwater, solid waste and general civil, engineering and management advisory services to meet the needs of our clients, using innovation, the latest industry research and global experience.
Stantec is looking for an Intermediate Civil Engineer with experience in Water & Wastewater to join the Water team in Melbourne. This important role will support project managers/group managers by providing technical expertise on various projects; primarily across the water sector in Australia, but also internationally.
Duties will include:
• Conduct site surveys, field investigations and feasibility studies for proposed projects
• Produce calculations, specifications and drawings to ensure that technical design will provide the appropriate solution
• Maintain communication and develop ongoing contacts with clients as required
• Contribute to proposal and bid development to support business development activities, including preparing proposal material as required
What we offer
Along with a competitive salary we offer many other benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing is ongoing
• Learning and Talent Development Programs including global programmes, online learning and on-the-job learning
• Mentoring for your own development
• Professional Memberships
• Health Insurance – Income Continuance Insurance (ICI) – Life Insurance
• Service Recognition Awards
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible Working Arrangements
Intermediate Civil Engineer
• Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering
• 3+ years’ professional experience in a commercial consulting environment (after completion of graduate education)
• Solid foundation of technical knowledge on standard processes and procedures in civil/chemical engineering
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills to interact with a broad range of audiences in multiple countries
• Excellent organisation and time management skills, including the ability to multi-task and prioritise work
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, with the ability to learn new systems easily
We know that what we do really matters which is why at Stantec, we design with community in mind.
Stantec unites about 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Therefore it is no wonder we have got community on our mind because we are a part of it. When we take on a water, transport or infrastructure project we see more than a resource. We see an opportunity to make lasting connections with the people and places where we live and work. So when you join us, you become part of the team with a nearly 200-year history in providing solutions that begin at the intersection of community, creativity and client relationships.