About the role:
Avanade is growing, and we seek passionate and driven technology professionals to join our team designing and delivering exciting solutions to transform our client’s businesses.
As a Cloud Architect within our Infrastructure practice, you will be responsible for the solutioning and technical delivery of enterprise scale solutions based on the Microsoft ecosystem. Components of which may include Azure, Azure Stack, and M365 Modern Workplace. Your expertise will help drive innovation, offering development and evolution, and critically, sales generation and solution design support to assist our regional sales teams with pipeline and lighthouse deal conversion.
* Input into, or lead where appropriate, critical cloud transformation pursuits and deals which have the potential to make a significant positive impact on sales, revenues, client portfolio, capability and reputation
* Collaborate with, educate and upskill regional team members so that they have the insights, capability and capacity to accelerate cloud transformation opportunities
* Input into new, or evolve, Offerings and Sub-Offerings to help Avanade stay relevant in the market and be recognized as the leader in Microsoft cloud transformation solutions
* Be aware of, and understand, competitor offerings in the market
* Adapt and augment existing solutions, assets, methods and tools to help Avanade lower the cost of sale and delivery
You are an experienced IT infrastructure and cloud platform solution architect, with a track record of solution engineering and delivery leadership. You have also developed and grown long term, high value client relationships, with strong influencing and negotiation capabilities. Internally, you enjoy advising (in a hands on way) teams in the development, production and promotion of client centric deals, solutions and offerings.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
* Experience in delivering complex platforms for client organizations that have contributed directly to, or enabled, improved customer/ employee experience, profitability, responsiveness, reputational enhancement and top talent retention
* Experience of building, developing and retaining talented teams containing a mix of consulting and technology engineering skills
* Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organization, including experience with onshore, near-shore and off-shore delivery teams
* Strong consulting / project-based background with experience of complex programs consisting of multiple workstreams, including assessing and managing the associated opportunity and risk
* Good presentation skills with an ability to equally talk to an engineer as well as a CXO and still get appropriate messages across
* Knowledge of Azure public and hybrid cloud including IaaS and PaaS services, automation and DevOps, application modernisation and migration, containerisation and microservices, and so on
* Knowledge of Modern Workplace technology platforms and services including Active Directory, Azure AD, Microsoft 365 (Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security), and an appreciation of Evergreen IT, DataCenter Operations and IT Governance
* You currently hold or are eligible for Security Clearance (NV2 highly desirable)
You also ideally have:
* A track record of building a technology transformation or digital business transformation through a combination of new logo wins and expansion of existing engagements using indirect/ direct channels. You will ideally have developed and cultivated IT leadership relationships in certain technology domains
* Industry knowledge covering one or more of the following: Health and Public Sector, Banking, Insurance, Products, Retail, Energy, Utilities,
Preferred Education Background:
You will likely possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant field
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
Over 10 years relevant technology leadership experience including solution and delivery management particularly within a consultancy or systems integrator
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.