Role Summary:This role is responsible for:
Leading the technical support function for customers and field teams to minimise the customer events at each site through constant analysis, field interventions to rectify corrective repairs with urgency and effectiveness, whilst maintaining a disciplined cost management approach to repairs.
Leading a team of modality (product) engineers to manage technical support calls / notifications / work orders from customers and field engineers across all ANZ’s time zones.
Essential Responsibilities:• Mentor and coach the team, strengthen the necessary capabilities within the team to develop a best in Technical Support function in ANZ which is a competitive advantage in the ANZ market;
• Learn and leverage best practices for a Technical Support and Case Management across GE and other industry sectors and deploy these tactics & operational practices into the business
• Develop a support strategy, in conjunction with the Field Ops Leaders and Services Operations teams, to minimise customer downtime for their GE assets and track improvements made over time for communication to customers.
• Implementing a Case Management approach for hard down systems by modality. This includes supporting the information flow, tracking processes and procedures which assist the field teams in decision making with workload and task prioritisation to support customers
• Work seamlessly with the GE1 call centre, planning team and the Global Spare Parts Organisation teams to coordinate responses to hard down events
• Develop a specific Game Plan for the resolution of a specific hard down / corrective repair event. Capture and dissemination of technical and non-technical information to communicate to the Field Engineering teams that will enable a corrective repair to occur in line with contract entitlement.
• Track and measure progress of the corrective repairs in each modality and conjunction with the Service Leaders deploy and manage a formalised escalation processes to ensure relevant technical and non-technical support to the field teams.
• Lead and participate in workouts, with the support of the Service Operations Specialists to:
o Analyse modality (product) hard downs / corrective repairs fix times, material & labour usage and quality and implement tactics and actions to improve on these results
o Prevent failures / corrective repair events and minimize field visits with no parts and multiple visits with parts using proactive remote tools and alarms and proactive maintenance strategies
o Track and implement actions to improve first call resolution rates across all field operations teams (FCR)
o Reduce down time across ANZ for hard down events (ECTTR) for customers
• Participate and deploy initiatives to reduce part & labour consumption
• Support the field teams in managing customer communications for hard down events, including the appropriate engagement and monitoring tactics to retain IB and positively impact the customers experience with GE.
• Support New Product Introduction & End of Service Life programs in partnership with modality and commercial teams, including leading the projects and programs to prepare for all NPI’s.
• Lead network connectivity projects across the Services organization
• Develop and implement plans for ensuring adequate capacity in the Online Eng / Tech Support areas, including partnering with Field Operations Leaders on building capability to support critical technical roles
• Develop plan for building team’s IT, technical & connectivity knowledge to drive greater system connectivity
• Lead introduction of new connectivity tools to ANZ for customers and field teams
• Set up/implements regular and ad hoc meetings to track results or identify improvement opportunities. Develop and communicate appropriate metrics and reports which provide important information to manage the business
• Provide remote and on-site technical support to internal and external customers
• Regularly provide updates to the team on company, region product strategies and customer insights.
• Lead initiatives to ensure team engagement and motivation levels remain high.
• Partner with HR Manager to drive performance development within the team, providing a regular operating mechanism of feedback, coaching and managing the annual appraisal system.
Qualifications/Requirements:Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any and all customer quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
4. Identify and report any personal quality or compliance concerns immediately to the Quality Organization.
5. Ensure timely dispatch closure.
6. Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe. Participate in continuous improvement activities by identifying and appropriately escalating process and product quality gaps, providing solutions when possible.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in an operational role in service, project, field service or operational environments
• Minimum of 5 years management / people leader experience in leading technical teams
• Solid proficiency in computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite products and CRM and ERP tools such as Oracle, Siebel, SAP
• Proven experience in the development and execution of processes across a variety of internal departments
• Proven people leader and capable of motivating a decentralized workforce across multiple time zones
• Ability to solve complex problems using diverse range of tools and resources
• Substantial direct customer experience in dealing with complex troubleshooting
• Understanding of the Field Service Business and Delivery processes.
• Able to maintain and tap into a global network of experts to expedite issue resolution
• Strong communication and teamwork skills
• Strong preference for candidates who are familiar with maintenance strategies associated with medical equipment
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills
• Must be computer literate with above average skills in Microsoft Office programs, specifically excel and power point.
• Proven ability to be numbers literate and ability to leverage data reporting systems such as Spotfire, Cognos, BI to elicit insights from high volumes of data
• Strong financial analysis abilities, proficient with how a P&L functions.
• Accessible “after hours” and weekends for critical issues and coverage as necessary.
• Create and drive a culture of safety and compliance in the team; Create and implement programs that drive safety awareness as required
Desired Characteristics:As above
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Australia;Springfield Central, Burnley, Sydney;