At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
**Your Role and Responsibilities**
**IBM Test Automation Architect- Ballarat**
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
The Test Automation Architect will be responsible for the overarching design, solutioning and implementation of automation test solutions, methods and assets for the program of work, including automation test frameworks. You will have strong technical skills and sound understanding of automation testing design methods, approaches, accelerators and tools. You will have the ability to apply your automation knowledge and skills to a complex, scalable, challenging and large systems. You will be a “out of the box” thinker with exceptional automation technical knowledge and organizational skills. You will be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and possess strong inter-team communication skills. All these are critical to the success of this role and you will have the ability to apply and demonstrate your automation test architecture skills.
**_Desired Attributes and Skills:_**
• A passion for technology and innovation.
• Understanding of automation testing design techniques, methods and approaches
+ Hands-on experience authoring, building and adopting large scale and robust automation frameworks across user interfaces, back-end integration and databases.
• The ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
• A strong desire to work with people in a team-focused environment.
• Have prior exposure working in an AGILE environments/teams using methodologies such as, SCRUM, KANBAN, XP and exposure to supporting tools.
• Strong knowledge of testing cycles, test tools and defect tracking processes.
• In context of Automation Testing, you will be able to prepare test environment, test data, test scripts and execute automation testing as needed.
• Natural leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative culture.
• The willingness to take ownership of challenging tasks, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility.
• The flexibility to travel to client locations
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience using test management tools such as; Microfocus ALM, JIRA, TestRail MTM, XRAY
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience in API testing using tools such as; SOUPUI, PostMan, ReadyAPI, RestAssured.
• Demonstratable knowledge and experience using automation tools, such as; Selenium, UFT, QTP, Katalan, SilkTest, JMeter, Appium or equivalent.
• Ability to implement right-fit test automation implementations
• Have demonstratable experience implementing test automation using accelerators, tools and partnering products.
• Implementation of Automation testing solutions to provide Continuous Testing showing knowledge of CI/CD accelerators
**_Education and Experience:_**
• You must be degree qualified with a minimum Bachelor degree in an applicable field
• You must have minimum 10 year’s experience in the automation testing discipline
+ You must have minimum 4 year’s experience in leading automation solutions and delivering automation designs to complex technology landscapes.
+ At least 2 years exposure to DevOps techniques and tools (such as Jenkins, Chef, SVN, SourceSafe and etc).
**_Key Responsibilities :_**
• Self-initiated: Proactively lead the design and solutioning of the Automation Test approach and strategy.
• Project/Program-initiated: Prepare automation test solutions and scripts using system/application understanding and solution requirements.
• Seek opportunities for Automation testing designs and solutions during the project and across all systems. Work closely with business and architects in identifying solution requirements and key case-studies/scenarios for re-use of design patterns and technology.
• Based on use cases, data consumption, and other variables, build automation testing scripts and maintain automation testing assets.
• Raise defects/issues and provide an implementation plan for their resolution by anticipating similar issues in the future and making proactive activities based on current environment and stakeholder needs.
• Prepare the Automation Test Architecture and ensure the solution is robust with optimal performance. You will be working as part of a cross-functional team, including DevOps.
+ Maintain a strong understanding of trends in the automation testing industry and have knowledge of best practices (with view to their ‘best-fit’ in the project), including emerging ones in areas such as; mobile, cloud, big data and IoT.
+ Coach, mentor and oversee the automation implementation for the project(s).
• Be an Australian citizen
• Be eligible to obtain an AGSVA baseline security clearance or already have AGSVA baseline security clearance
**Required Technical and Professional Expertise**
**Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise**
**About Business Unit**
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world’s economy. IBM Services partners with the world’s leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
**Your Life @ IBM**
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
**Being You @ IBM**
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.