Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) Officers provide ongoing support to the local Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) on Financial Crime Compliance matters and AML/CTF Program management and execution. As a key support to MLRO, the FCC Officer is responsible for pursuing measures to actively identify, manage and mitigate financial crime risks.
* You will provide guidance and risk-based solutions to the business on local, regional and global policy requirements.
* You will assist the MLRO with the performance of risk assessments and identifying risks associated with new products, services, complex transactions, clients and geographies.
* You will assist in the development, delivery and tracking of training to Front Office and support areas.
* You will document reports, draft memorandums and make written recommendations to MLRO and senior management.
* You will conduct database searches, identifying and escalating adverse information, sanctions, reputational and sustainability risks, market risk exposure, etc, arising from client relationships and third-parties.
* You are responsible for the day-to-day review of escalated surveillance alerts, with strict adherence to global minimum standards and local procedural requirements.
* You will undertake detailed financial crime investigations, including documenting specific due diligence and drafting case recommendations to MLRO on whether reasonable grounds for a suspicion exists, in relation to a client and/or third-party, in accordance with Australian regulatory requirements.
* Support the MLRO during regulatory reviews, with law enforcement requests and statutory notices.
* Formulate periodic policy reminders and communications to key stakeholders on obligations and requirements.
* Partner with regional offices on the implementation of projects, initiatives and platform changes impacting the Australian AML/CTF Program.
* You possess a minimum of 7 years relevant Compliance/Legal work experience.
* You possess a minimum of 3 years relevant AML/FCC Compliance experience.
* You have a degree in a relevant discipline. A law degree will be highly regarded.
* Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
* A self-starter who can work independently with limited supervision.
* High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
**Job:** **Legal & Compliance*
**Title:** *Financial Crime Compliance Officer #145847*
**Requisition ID:** *145847*