The Exablaze acquisition will bring together Cisco’s global reach, extensive sales and support teams, and broad technology and manufacturing base, with Exablaze’s cutting-edge low-latency networking, layer 1 switching, timing and time synchronization technologies, and low-latency FPGA expertise.
What You’ll Do
* Design and implement software systems for switch and router devices
* Design and implement software for network interface cards
* Working closely with hardware and firmware engineers in designing the products
* Interact with customers on debugging and gathering requirements
* Help define, evolve and support our software development processes
Who You Are
* 5-10 years of industry experience
* BS/MS/PhD in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer/Software/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or Physics
* Knowledge of C and C++
* Experience in Linux
* Experience in one or more of the following: device drivers, operating systems, network stacks
* Knowledge of network protocols, in particular protocols at the lower layers of the stack (Ethernet, IP, UDP/TCP) and switching/routing protocols
* Knowledge of Python or other scripting languages
* Some knowledge of FPGAs
* Experience in setting up automated build and testing processes
* Interest in all levels of the software stack, from systems software to user interfaces
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.