Role Summary:As the Director, APAC Support you are primarily responsible for overseeing the operation and team responsible for the support of all products in the GE Digital Grid suite of software offerings, inclusive but not limited to Transmission, Distribution, and Asset Management products.
Essential Responsibilities:As such, you will be responsible for implementing the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the team has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively serve our customers in accordance with Case Management guidelines, grow the organization, ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
You will be responsible for establishing processes, governance and team structures necessary to maintain the highest level of service at a 24/7 global software company. You will build and manage teams and take ownership over delivery of all aspects of support. You will work closely with clients, support team members and the appropriate internal teams to quickly and effectively resolve issues..
This role reports directly to the Vice President, GED Grid Global Support and will be responsible to create strong working relationship & influence across functional groups to execute the strategy within GE Digital, across GE businesses, partners and customers.
In this role, you will:
• Provide day-to-day leadership and management to APAC’s organization that delivers the strategic goals defined by the VP Support as well as the operating expectations of our Support Plans and Case Management Guidelines
• Design and align an organization built for optimization of output and employee career growth.
• Collaborate with the management team and peer groups to develop and implement plans for the operational support of all offerings. This includes processes and personnel designed to accommodate the rapid growth objectives of our organization and our customers
• Motivate and lead a high-performance team; attract, retain and develop support engineers; provide mentoring as a cornerstone to the career development program.
• Partner with the Engineering and Product Management teams to align delivery models and proactively prepare for new product releases and upgrades
• Review cases and provide necessary feedback to support consistent service delivery and develop our engineers; coaching on case interactions, troubleshooting and workload management
• Analyze trends in cases to identify pain points and work with holistic team to drive improvements
• Maintain proficiency in all Grid support services as well as products which leverage and consume these services
• Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company..
• Own and manage personal caseload where appropriate and perform callbacks and case follow through as defined by the Case Management Guidelines.
• Anticipate key trends, opportunities and vulnerabilities to ensure processes and systems are stable and support the demands of current and future growth
• Foster a service mindset to ensure cooperation with other leaders across the organization
• Employ an effective, diplomatic, and influential communication management style that works across a wide range of teams and personalities to gain support and implement positive and successful change initiatives to processes and systems
• Provide key data and information to the Leadership Team to make complex organization and strategic decisions based on analysis synthesis and interpretation of data and trends
• Bachelor’s Degree
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in industry
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in technical & customer facing roles with proven track record
• A Minimum of 5 years of strong people management
• Must be willing to travel
Desired Characteristics:Desired Characteristics:
• Master’s Degree
• Can make the complex simple
• Proactively makes or recommends decisions based on in-depth analysis; Able to define critical problems to be solved;
• Can instruct others on processes and procedures. Advises the customer on most favorable outcome, anticipates potential issues to proactively circumvent issues. Adapts to exceptions and develops new procedures and workarounds for others to use.
• Increases client engagement to further pace and focus required to achieve business priorities and uncover desired outcomes for both the customer and GE; utilizes business acumen and domain experience to advise the customer on critical success factors for the initiative at hand; continuously influences the customer to think ahead on what is needed to acquire, deploy, and utilize the solution.
• Anticipates potential risks and obstacles and resolves proactively in order to ensure smooth project delivery. Addresses customer concerns quickly and effectively; anticipates customer concerns
• Leverages knowledge of market and customer segment in order to establish further credibility in the eyes of the customer. Acts in a consultative capacity and is provided access to key decision makers throughout the customer account. Establishes strong relationship with key decision makers and other leaders at multiple levels within customer organization.
• Practices Servant leadership, demonstrates empathy and drives actions
• Establishes & communicates team members’ roles in relation to their function and data. Shares knowledge, power and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill.
• Encourages groups to work together to efficiently resolve problems. Proactively coaches and/or mentor’s others to improve their contribution to the team. Fosters relationship building between team members and those outside the team. Works with others to achieve goals without regard to band/title. Identifies gaps in roles on teams, and is recognized for growing and distributing talent pools across the organization.
• Creates meaningful stories and two-way communications that drive behavior. Communicates functional strategy and roadmap with sufficient detail for teams to utilize. Describes functional area information to leaders. Coaches others on effective presentation skills. Collaborates with leadership on mediums and messages that drive the intended direction of the organization with measurable results. Determines the need for theoretical explanations vs. a business actionable answer in a presentation.
• Ability to lead matrixed team to drive customer situations and function as point of contact for major escalations. Experience managing IT, services, and or support operations center for large organization. Seeks to recognize failure points proactively and communicate. Drives organizational awareness of processes, delivers regular updates through multiple communication channels.
• Able to manage customer expectations and de-escalate issues.
• Effectively directs and mentor’s others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Demonstrates a passion for work and for continual learning.
• Persistently seeks to accomplish challenges and approaches difficult situations with optimism. Identifies new opportunities by creating bonds of trust with customers. Creates a team environment where people are motivated, share more, are highly engaged, and ultimately perform better.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:Australia, India;Cities in Australia & India;