**Consulting Technical Senior Manager – SOA/BPEL**
Reporting to the Consulting Delivery
Director within UGBU Integrated Delivery organization, the successful candidate
will be responsible for solution delivery capability, resource
management/enablement/utilization, support to consulting sales activity and hands-on
day-to-day support across multiple projects and managed services engagements
for the Integration and Analytics Solutions Delivery team in ANZ region.
Candidate is expected to be well versed with Oracle middleware technologies
like Oracle SOA, BPEL, OSB
**Essential Job Functions:**
* Manage, mentor and lead a team of Integration and
* Provide technical hands-on day-to-day support and
project oversight on active engagements, with highest focus on Oracle prime
engagements, multi-product, and tier 1 clients.
* Partner with PM team to transition consulting
organization to a solution driven, increasingly agile implementation model for
* Partner with peers to continuously improve delivery
and operations methodology and collateral
* Actively facilitate lessons learned and knowledge
sharing within org, and across consulting delivery
* Enhance and evolve business development
tools/collateral, including methodology and estimating models for both
on-premise and cloud delivery models.
* Actively support consulting sales pursuits:
thought leadership, RFx responses, project estimation, resource planning, oral
presentations, contract development and negotiation.
**Consulting Project Support**
* Serves as a trusted advisor to clients
in their implementation projects.
* Design and develop Integration
solutions involving both Oracle and non-Oracle applications.
* Install and configure SOA middleware
products on a single node and HA architecture.
* Technical Liaison with Client, Project
Management and Oracle Utilities Product Group.
* Work with client’s business teams to
capture requirements and build solutions accordingly.
* Be an onsite technical lead and
co-ordinate with offshore teams to accomplish project tasks.
* Identify potential risks and problem
areas. Develop procedures that provide effective solutions to the problem at
* Develop detailed specifications
including; enterprise integration diagrams/blueprints, application configuration
* Produce Integration and Technical
Architecture Documents to include Conceptual Technical Models, Platform,
Performance, Security and Operational Requirements.
* Work with peers and a matrix of other
team members in the organization to improve the capabilities of Oracle products
and services delivery provided to Oracle customers.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled technical professional with
experience on multiple Oracle Utilities projects, along with demonstrable people
The ideal candidate will:
* Have experience in leading, mentoring
and managing technical resources.
* Able to plan and manage resourcing
needs for different consulting projects.
* Have experience in large-scale IT
implementations involving Oracle Middleware integration components.
* Strong Unix skills and experience with
operating systems like RH Linux, Oracle Linux etc.
* Hands on experience with Oracle Middleware
technologies like SOA, OSB, BPEL and ODI.
* Hands on experience working with Oracle
WebLogic server. Strong Application servers experience in installation,
configuration and performance tuning.
* Experience in utility industry and
knowledge of Oracle Utilities applications like C2M (CC&B and MDM), WAM is
a big plus.
* Knowledge with Oracle Utilities
Application Framework (OUAF) is desired.
* Experience working with big 4
consulting firms is a plus.
* Possess Good verbal/written skills
* Possess excellent analytical, problem
solving, communication and presentation skills
* Ability to travel for 80% of
assignments to any destination is a key requirement of the role
**Detailed Description and Job Requirements**
This manager-level position is responsible for people management and sales enablement. May also be responsible for project oversight of staff augmentation projects.
Ensures that operational policies are followed and that business objectives are achieved by focusing on best practices and process improvements. Responsible for operational metrics and business results for assigned area of responsibility. Typically manages individual contributors and/or entry-level managers. Monitors consultant activities and performance on projects (e.g. read status reports, respond to staffing and availability issues, pro-actively seek out project performance reviews, etc.). May serve as project advisor for moderately complex engagements.
8 years of experience relevant to this position including 4 years of consulting experience. Management experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product, technology or industry expertise relevant to the practice focus. Ability to travel as needed.
**Job Type:** Regular Employee Hire