Who You’ll Work With
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
What You’ll Do
AppDynamics is seeking a Regional CTO (R-CTO) who has a mix of customer, technology, and business acumen and proven credibility in the IT Operational Analytics domain. This role requires a deep understanding the challenges customers face in IT operations and has practical experience applying application intelligence technologies to solve those problems. The R-CTO will be a senior advisor to AppDynamics’ most strategic customers to provide best practices, advice, and hands on engagement to help them achieve their business objectives.
The role will require working collaboratively with the company’s Sales and Marketing teams to build an operational framework for evangelizing its product suite with key customers. This person will also work closely with the Product Management and Engineering teams to influence the product roadmaps based on strategic customer feedback. Lastly, this person will be involved with technology demos, product evaluations, and competitive analysis.
The ideal candidate must have demonstrated the ability to engage in senior-level business and technology discussions related to enterprise agility, cloud adoption and digital transformation. The role requires excellent communication skills, the ability to evangelize modern technology, and a passion for solving hard real-world problems.
Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. Travel can be as high as 40% as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position location is flexible for the right candidate.
The R-CTO will report to the VP of Technology Strategy as part of the Corporate Strategy Group.
* Explain complex technical issues in simple, elegant language for different audiences
* Be a customer advocate with passion for solving customer problems
* Partner with key customer stakeholders and establish trust through technical leadership
* Present product roadmaps and vision to strategic customers in context of their requirements
* Be the expert on products/solutions and trends in the ITOA industry and keep close eye on competitors
* Be a Chief Evangelist for the company in the region
* Understand vertical industry business and technical architectures and position products/solutions accordingly
Who You Are
* Experience as an AppDynamics practitioner HIGHLY PREFERRED. If not, you have experience with competitive / closely related solutions within Application Performance and DevOps
* Excellent presentation skills (written and verbal), high comfort level in front of executive-level technical and business stakeholders
* Demonstrated technical leadership in an ITOA
* Having led C-level conversations through technical leadership
* Keen sense of competition and their roadmap
* Analytical skills with an appetite to learn fast on the job
* Driven, self-starter; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
* A product evangelist, who is able to inspire and drive consensus
* Strong interpersonal skills; a great partner to product management and able to build strong relationships across functions
* Highly accountable; takes ownership and drives sense of urgency
* Significant credibility in ITOA and/or APM domains
* Detailed understanding of IT landscape across one or more verticals (ITOA, DevOps, Machine Learning, ITSM, Analytics, etc)
* Understands AppDynamics’ and competitor products in detail
* BA/BS (preferably in engineering or a related field); MS/MBA preferred
* 10+ years of technology leadership experience in the software industry (enterprise software highly preferred)
* Experience working in a relevant industry such as APM, analytics, mobile, monitoring, etc. a plus
* Comfort with consistent travel, up to 40%
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere – From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from digital Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone – We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We Are Cisco.