**AppD EUM/BizIQ Engineer II – Sydney**
+ Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia
+ Area of Interest Engineer – Software
+ Job Type Professional
+ Technology Interest *None
+ Job Id 1291619
**About Us **
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today’s software-defined businesses with the ability to proactively monitor, manage, and optimize the most complex software environments. Because we start with user interactions, our platform can dynamically collect millions of performance data points across your applications and infrastructure. We then apply intelligence to instantly identify performance anomalies, enable automatic fixes and continuously measure business impact. And all this happens in real time, in production, with cloud or on-premise deployment flexibility. So even in the most dynamic production environments, you can know more and know it faster. It’s more than monitoring—it’s true Application Intelligence. For more information, visit www.appdynamics.com.
AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco in 2017 for a record breaking multiple. This acquisition reinforces Cisco’s strategic direction and its shift to software-centric solutions and provides AppDynamics with the resources and support to further accelerate the hyper growth of the business, and the career opportunities for our world-class teams.
**About the Role**
The Support Engineering team is responsible for coming up with solutions to help empower our customers in solving their application software and infrastructure monitoring requirements. You may be tasked with creating and maintaining reference implementations for a given technology/ies that exercise our software, helping customers who report problems by either providing them solutions without requiring any code changes, or in reporting/addressing product shortcomings, documenting/sharing best practices, keeping abreast of the technology landscape/how our customers monitoring needs are evolving, etc. Being flexible, a quick unorthodox thinker, decisive in the face of ambiguity, able to wear multiple hats ranging from technology guru to being an advocate for customers are qualities essential for success in this role. Previous exposure working directly with multiple customers concurrently is essential.
+ BS in Computer Science or equivalent
+ 4+ years of experience in Technical Product support & software services
+ Excellent troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills
+ Strong communication skills, possessing the ability to support global customers over email or web-ex/screen-sharing
+ Good understanding of operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows etc)
+ Prior knowledge/experience of Java/J2EE, .NET, Python based applications and bash and windows scripting desirable
+ Experience working with REST APIs
+ Prior knowledge/experience of working with Big data frameworks like Elasticsearch is an added advantage
+ Good understanding of database concepts(mysql or postgres or oracle)
+ Prior experience with Selenium webdriver is a desirable skill.
**About the Role**
Software Engineers in Support Engineering in the End User Monitoring, Analytics, and BizIQ group are responsible for diagnosing and solving complex issues in large-scale multi-tiered applications, understanding how to assist the customer observe, diagnose, and optimize their applications.
● Enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to work on support of Browser and Mobile Monitoring software, and Big data platforms like Elasticsearch.
● Customer-facing engineer who ensures our software works as intended, and figures out workarounds in cases it does not.
● Reproduce complex customer environments to replicate customer issues in-house
● Work with the engineering and Product Management teams to push customer issue resolution.
● Build in-house reference lab environments using various technologies (Java, Python, iOS, Android, etc).
● Conduct knowledge sharing sessions within and outside the teams.
● Keep abreast of new tools, technologies, programming languages, and frameworks
● Comfortable working with Linux and Windows environments for troubleshooting
● Working on the following tools and Frameworks: Java, .NET, Python, PHP, etc. based applications, Android, iOS, Xamarin, etc. based mobile applications, Elasticsearch based Big Data Analytics solution.
+ Enable replication and debugging of issues to verify product related bugs
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.