Red Bee Media makes content accessible to audiences with sensory disabilities on behalf of its broad customer base, including major national public and commercial broadcasters.
Full training will be provided at our Rosebery head office, however, on completion of your training we would then offer the opportunity to work from home.
This is an entry level position and would suit someone who embraces new technology, knows the difference between a Kardashian and a Cardassian, knows where to stick a comma, thrives working in a busy environment to deadline and takes pride in creating an important and necessary service.
**You will be fully trained to:**
* Contribute to a team effort that meets the needs of a range of different clients and their constituents.
* Work to agreed quality levels and undertake ongoing quality review activity.
* Create verbatim captions for live and pre-recorded programming.
**As our ideal candidate, you will have:**
* Quick thinking and a level head. Dealing with changing client requirements, especially in a live TV environment, requires a can-do attitude to achieve timely and appropriate responses.
* A technical mindset. The ability to understand systems and carry out basic problem solving and troubleshooting is essential.
* A flexible approach to working hours.
* The ability to multitask and work to real-time deadlines.
* An aptitude for developing a speech recognition profile.
* Superior written and spoken English skills.
**Red Bee Media offers:**
* YOU + ERICSSON – staff benefits (negotiated discounts and money back with a huge number of retailers and providers).
* Full-time hours across a 4-day week on a rotating roster (so weekend/public holiday work is shared equally).
* Full training.
* 12-month fixed term contract with subsequent review to extend.
**If you’re interested in working with our team, please submit your resume and cover letter.**
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
Primary country and city: Australia (AU) || || Sydney || SharedServ
Req ID: 347882