Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
Facebook’s Latin America Public Policy team is seeking a Public Policy Manager to help us develop our positions on tech policy issues in the Southern Cone (Argentina, Chile, Uruguay and Paraguay) and lead our interaction with key policy makers and multiple stakeholders through developing and executing a comprehensive engagement strategy. Candidates should have strong knowledge of Internet policy issues, such as privacy, security, intellectual property, content regulation, free expression, tax, or trade. We are looking for candidates with previous experience working at the crossroads of tech and policy with government, civil society, tech companies, think tanks, technical community, consulting firms, or related organizations to develop joint initiatives between internal and external stakeholders to help promote a regulatory environment that is open to innovation. This role will be responsible for conducting outreach, building relationships, supporting third party initiatives and developing joint projects at a multistakeholder level. Successful candidates will be excited to build relationships and think creatively about how to best work together solving hard regulatory problems for the tech industry. This is an extraordinary opportunity to join our growing global public policy team and work on dynamic programs in an exciting, fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position located in the city of Buenos Aires.
1. Identify, anticipate, analyze and advance policy issues, regulation and legislation affecting Facebook and the tech sector in the southern cone
2. Work with political bodies, policymakers, academics, think tanks, private sector technical community and civil society on technology policy issues
3. Be the liaison between internal and external stakeholders to promote activities to protect an open Internet and foster innovation
4. Articulate our policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings
5. Lead internal cross-functional processes working with policy, communications, product, engineering, marketing, and a variety of internal and external stakeholders to develop and launch special policy projects
6. Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where processes are fluid and creative solutions are the norm
7. Minimum bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in economics, business, communications, PR, international relations, law, public policy, engineering or a relevant subject or discipline required
8. 8 + years of professional experience
9. 3+ experience years working with Argentina and Chile or Uruguay political system and government institutions.
10. Track record of working with the public policy community, including policymakers, international, multilateral or regional organizations, think tanks, academics, civil society, technical community, tech companies or trade associations
11. Strong organizational, teamwork and communications and presentations skills
12. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work autonomously, think and move quickly, juggle multiple high-priority projects simultaneously
13. Willingness to travel
14. Fully Bi-lingual English/Spanish
15. 4+ years of specific public policy experience on the tech sector
16. Advanced degree in public policy, international relations, law, economics or engineering
17. Previous work experience in a tech firm
18. Experience with analytical and creative approach to policy issues, as well as cross functional team player that can provide concise and business-focused advice, and make sound judgments under tight deadlines
19. Experience on project and people management
20. Knowledge on Facebook products and principles