Lead Engineering Architect, ServiceNow
As the Lead Engineering Architect for our ServiceNow platform, you will be a key contributor in driving its strategic direction as well as supporting its continual development and enhancement. You will be the senior most technical lead within a team of ServiceNow Administrators and Developers. You will work with our team of Business Analysts, ITSM Process Leads, and other ServiceNow consulting partners.
The successful candidate will mentor a ServiceNow development team whose responsibilities include supporting business-as-usual updates, transformational initiatives, and platform health – stability activities with the goal of increasing end-user productivity across S&P globally.
The incumbent will report to the ServiceNow Platform Lead and will be instrumental in helping us to evolve our ServiceNow offerings and provide innovative technical solutions to modernize the end-user experience.
The candidate will support the ServiceNow team in the management and maturation of the ServiceNow platform as a whole. The candidate will be expected to provide technical leadership for the entire ServiceNow platform. The position requires a diverse background in ITSM process and mature ServiceNow implementation. The candidate will partner with our team of Business Analysts and ITSM process leads to strategize, plan, and execute updates both regular and transformative.
The candidate will assist in all major project initiatives, enhancements, analysis, and day-to-day support.
This role will require a flexible, agile approach to meet our changing business needs.
S&P s Workplace Services team is committed to providing S&Ps employees with a transformational working environment. As a member of the Workplace Services team you will have the opportunity to have an impact across the entirety of S&P global in modernizing the way we work.
*What s in it for you:*
We see this position as evolving over time with the candidate driving new opportunities to expand the services and capabilities of the team. The future is entirely up to us to define and create. In the near term, the candidate will work with business teams to support and mature multiple key ITSM processes as well as work with the business to identify and develop transformative opportunities both for the platform and for how we work.
* Serving as the senior most technical member of the ServiceNow development team
* Providing sound – scalable architectural recommendations that meet business requirements
* Driving and supporting automated processes within ServiceNow to facilitate efficient business processes
* Mentoring more junior ServiceNow developers
* Working within Agile methodologies
* Liaising with ServiceNow on behalf of the business regarding technical issues – opportunities with our platform.
* Integrating with and supporting the QA automation team s activities
* Partnering with our UX team to drive improvements to the overall user-experience UI, processes, and information architecture
* Keeping abreast with developments in the ServiceNow platform and best practices
* Creating resilient processes and applications that are dependent upon external APIs
* Writing and evaluating technical and functional requirements
* Manage work intake, set team priorities and provide coaching to team members
*What We re Looking For:*
* 8-10 years experience in ServiceNow configuration, development, and management
* Experience leading and mentoring more junior developers
* Hands-on Experience launching and managing multiple ITSM services
* Hands-on experience performing advanced configurations and development within the ServiceNow platform on a recent version
* Demonstrable experience piloting and driving new modules and functionality
* Ability to take initiative without explicit direction
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional and multi-national team across multiple time zones.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering is required, or in lieu, a demonstrated equivalence in work experience
ITSM, ITIL and – or ServiceNow certifications are a plus
Please apply with your English CV