**Field Service Tech III**
Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
This role is in Textron System’s TRU Simulations business area. Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
Performing all maintenance actions including troubleshooting for the ArgentinianT-6 flight simulator. This includes:
* Diagnosing and correcting complex problems on simulators.
* Performing preventive maintenance (PM) tasks on simulators and associated training and support systems.
* Utilizing a maintenance management system to record and track all maintenance activities.
* Performing pre and post flight activities on all simulators.
* Identifying and coordinating efforts to correct training system deficiencies.
* Performing other logistical duties including managing parts, repair of parts and testing.
* Performing visual alignments.
* Assisting during modifications and simulator enhancements.
Candidates must work in Argentina and be flexible and able to work all required shifts.
Typically requires five years of related experience in electronics, engineering, flight simulation, or related military field(s). Directly related experience desirable. Technical school graduate or equivalent military experience in electronics or engineering required.
Prior experience on the Flight Simulator or Maintenance Training System preferred. Required skills include:
* Technical skills and background required to operate, maintain, and diagnose complex simulator problems.
* Understanding of electronics associated with the training system.
* Experience working within a real time computing environment and the ability to identify, diagnose and correct complex technical issues with the training system.
* Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Must be able to exercise independent judgment in planning, organizing and executing work assignments.
* Must be able to utilize test and support equipment associated with the maintenance, troubleshooting and testing of the T-6 Training System.
Additional requirements include:
* Good oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to interpret schematics, wiring diagrams and technical documentation; and ability to evaluate, isolate and repair malfunctions.
* Ability to conduct on-the-job training.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Equipment used in performing duties includes general hand tools; general electronics test equipment (meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, etc.); diagnostic equipment (hardware); and electrical, pneumatic power tools.
* Must be familiar with the ISO 9001 quality systems.
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
– Flexible Work Schedules
– Education Assistance
– Career Development & Training Opportunities
– Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
– Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
– Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron’s products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.
**Job** Product Support
**Primary Location** Argentina
**Recruiting Company** TRU Simulation Training, Inc.
**Job Level** Individual Contributor
**Shift** First Shift
**Req ID:** 283457