At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
**Your Role and Responsibilities**
The Client Technical Solution Leader creates and maintain strong, trusted client relationships at all levels within the client’s business. They support the Technical Solutions Manager (TSM) by providing Services solution recommendations integrating GTS Services capabilities and offerings for their clients applying their broad technical skills, industry knowledge and business acumen expertise for consulting engagements, project services and managed services. These recommendations leverage IBM technologies, reference architectures and technical work products from GTS’s portfolio to solve the client’s business challenges and client deliver value, while ensuring technical viability and project profitability.
Client Solutions Integration Leaders (CSIL) professionals are responsible for contributing to the overall E2E technical solution integration & consistency on complex multi-tower engagements.
The tasks performed by the CSIL includes:
• Assist the Client Technical Seller / TSM in bringing together the technical teams using a combination of IBM standard & custom offerings, services, labor, assets, hardware, and software products to create complex, multi-year solutions and associated cost cases which match the client’s and IBM’s tactical and strategic requirements
• Assists the Solution Manager / Client Tech Seller / TSM with the definition of the technical solution and operational design
• Assists the Client Tech Seller/TSM on guidance to ensure the solution developed is deliverable, integrated, and has the right operating model for success.
• Focal point for integration of solution components for multi-tower complex engagements.
• Supports the technical strategy set forth by the Client Technical Seller/ TSM, drives the technical feedback to the offerings team to make sure offerings encompasses the foundation of IBM’s integrated solutions. They are responsible to influence current and future marketing, human resource, contract, delivery strategies, and profitability for the offerings and engagements they work.
• Work with offering focals on the integration during solution process for post implementation
• Provide technical guidance on operations, systems and services integration
• Solution Design and Delivery integration and review
**Required Technical and Professional Expertise**
+ Proven experience in one or more areas of technical expertise and detailed knowledge on wide technology areas with Tech T-Shaped skills sets.
+ Financial background and integration of multi-tower solutions
+ Previous Program Management experience
+ Experiences working on engagements, projects, or transitions
+ Knowledge of infrastructure technologies, including service management, hardware, operating systems, networks, storage, virtualization, automation, and Cloud architecture.
+ Working Knowledge of the tools – processes – & delivery model used by Offerings & Custom services
+ Comfortable communicating IBM capabilities to all levels of customers
+ Ability and committed to work in an unpredictable schedule often requiring long hours, weekends and very tight timeframes
**Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise**
+ Ability to work on diverse TEAM challenged with geographic limitations
+ Committed and available through out the engagement life cycle of a deal supporting the Client Tech Seller and during negotiation phase till the contract is signed
+ Deep knowledge of multiple system architectures
+ Networks and system design principles
+ IT Service Management concepts and principles
+ Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud Architectures
+ Architectural Thinking. Documentation skills. Knowledgeable in the Solution Design Method.
+ MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills are also required for the development of key deliverables
+ Excellent communication and presentation skills
+ Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
+ Financial and Project Management skills
+ Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
+ Application of recognized architectural methods
**About Business Unit**
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It’s a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, “What else is possible?” GTS is the place for you!
**Your Life @ IBM**
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
**Being You @ IBM**
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.