The Technical Business Analyst will capture the business requirements necessary to build system requirements and/or process solutions. The Analyst creates reports from source data, including requirements gathering, data identification and structure, extracting the data and visualizing the report. This role encapsulates all tasks necessary to translate business requirements into a technical solutions to ensure the achievement of company objectives.
### Essential Functions
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
*The Essential Functions Include:*
1. Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
2. Extract data from databases and data warehouses for reporting and to facilitate sharing between multiple data systems.
3. Provide application analysis and data modeling design to collect data for centralized data warehouse.
4. Standardize data collection by developing methods for database design and validation reports.
5. Work with team members and functional leads to understand existing data requirements and validation rules to support moving operational data into data warehouse.
6. Assist in the design and development of data warehouses and other database components to support business intelligence dashboards and reporting.
7. Perform complex data analysis and reporting for effective business decisions.
8. Develop insights from data that can be transformed into effective business intelligence solutions.
9. All other duties, as assigned.
### Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
* Must have a High School/Matriculation certificate or equivalent.
* Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, including drug testing and/or background investigation.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
* Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
* Must have the legal right to work in India.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Graduate; post graduate, preferred. Two or more years of business intelligence development/solutions, date warehouse, SQL, and other experience necessary to successfully implement enterprise-level technical solutions.
* Experienced with Business Intelligence development/solutions.
* Strong working knowledge of database systems and SQL.
* Experience working with data warehouses and BI solutions.
* Able to analyze data and build data models.
* Experienced in managing data marts and writing business logic using SQL.
* Able to implementing BI Analytics solutions and tools.
* Experience in developing scripts for analytical tools.
* Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
### Working Conditions
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
* Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
* Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
* Regular computer usage.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
* Frequent sitting.
* Travel, as required.