• Support day-to-day operations (24/7) of Business unit with a wide range of mainframe and distributed applications
• Drive root cause analysis and permanent resolution for technical issues and ensure proactive/preventative measures are taken to avoid a reoccurrence
• Work with other technology teams on strategic initiatives that influence the technical direction for the supporting platform
• Enable service restoration activities, including availability to join restoration bridge calls during off-hours
• Work closely with other technology groups to mitigate, resolve, and close issues
• Provide communications for Impacts and status updates to stakeholders.
• Maintain strong relationships across organization, outside vendors and business partners.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• 4 years of IT experience with strong technical knowledge primarily with distributed technologies: JAVA / J2EE, .Net (interactive, web services, database, midrange, analytics, reporting, etc.)
• Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods
• Experience with mainframe (COBOL, VSAM, JCL, IMS and DB2) is an added advantage.
• Requires knowledge and understanding of architecture, application systems design, as well as a detailed understanding of applicable programming methodologies
• Prior experience leading intermediate and large-sized projects
• Demonstrated ability to problem-solve in the technology space under extreme pressure and tense situations
• Prior work experience in a production/service/operations support environment will be a plus
• Familiarity with incident, problem, and change management tools
• Subject matter expertise in maintenance services, with an understanding of key maintenance metrics
• Experience providing post-implementation and ongoing production support, as required
• Experience developing post-implementation reviews and driving root cause
• Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence cross-functional teams, business and vendor partners, and technology leaders
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or has equivalent work experience in software development/maintenance
• Experience with merchant processing is a plus, and managing complex systems.
**Title:** *SD Analyst – Java, .Net, Cobol*
**Requisition ID:** *18007459*