GCB – 5
Designation – Consultant Specialist
Domain Expertise and Experience
Banking and finance domain experience preferred
Role Specific Expertise and Experience ( Technical / Business / Tool )
1. Unix/Linux/Solaris/AIX/Window administration
2. Expert level knowledge of Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster Server and Veritas Netbackup Client
3. Unix shell scripting knowledge/Python/Perl scripting knowledge
4. Knowledge on Cloud technology will be an advantage
General Knowledge & Experience (/Forthe role– not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)/
* 5 to 10 years of experience in UNIX / Window infrastructure.
* Expert level knowledge of UNIX (AIX/Solaris/Linux) or Window Server
* Expert level knowledge of Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster Server and Veritas Netbackup Client
* Strong knowledge of host based SAN migrations
* Very good understanding of SAN configuration EMC/Hitachi LUNs on UNIX (AIX/Solaris/Linux) servers
* Ability to develop simple/complex shell scripts as per requirements.
* Ability of support DR tests
* Effective in dealing with Crises calls/Critical issues for business critical services
* Proven experience in technically guiding teams in productivity driven environment.
* Proven experience in managing and building relationship with business partners and customer service.
* Worked in at least two of the areas of IT Infrastructure support i.e. Production Support, Application Support & infrastructure Support.
* Should understand & have proven record of how technology adds value to the business and ultimately the end customer.
* Should possess industry standard certifications for UNIX/Cluster Technologies.
* Should be well versed with ITIL concepts and more specific understanding of Service operations activities.
* Knowledge in Cloud technology will be an advantage
* Strong technical knowledge in respective technology.
* Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Communication and interpersonal skills.
* Working across cultures.
Hour of work / Shifts
* 9 hour shifts with 30 minute lunch / dinner break
* This role involves working in a rotating shift pattern
* Shift timings are as below (might change in future depending on business need)
o Morning Shift : 06:30am-15:30pm IST
o Evening Shift : 13:30pm-22:30pm IST
o Night Shift : 22:00pm-07:00am IST
* Support is required 24 hrs x 7 days in week x 365 days from office or on-call depending on business needs.
* Resource will get compensatory off for holiday as per HR guidelines
Required to work on weekends also. Resource will get compensatory off for as per HR guidelines.
A. Secondary School B. University (BA) or (BS) C. Post Graduate (Masters)
A. Two years or less B. Two to five years C. Five to ten years D. Over ten years
Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA ) Levels
Role Purpose/(overall high level summary of the role)/
Contributes in technical delivery of projects by providing Technical / Application guidance to project teams and be a subject matter expert for the technology and guide functional delivery teams, across ITOO, for process/system improvements. Specialist, at times provides guidance to multiple project teams. The responsibilities entail areas such as execution of Linux environment build, configuration, BAU project support, production support services and for projects by providing technical support, creating knowledge base, and producing relevant data for trending & analysis purpose. The job holder works closely with group “Unix” teams, Team leaders, and Managers to understand the scope of work, format, and the expectations. The role holder also often liaises with the application teams for support purposes.
The Infrastructure Enterprise Services job is responsible for leading in building and running enterprise services that enable DevOps.
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities
• Provide Enterprise Services, including platform services (UNIX and Linux servers) for securely storing/analysing data as well as Developer Services which enable faster delivery of highly standardised platform services, for example, Virtualisation, ALM, Dev Engineering, GSDE, and Cloud.
• Setup automation Team(s) to take out waste
• Consolidate and reduce infrastructure complexity
• Develop Cloud based infrastructure platforms and deliver infrastructure, platform etc. “as a Service” by working with Business & other DevOps teams
• Determine the strategic direction and execute in each of the Technology areas under Enterprise Services responsibility
• Risk and Cost Management
• Ensure Service Quality Targets are met for offered platform services
• Business stakeholder management to define product roadmaps and market available capabilities
• Write development code, understand a DevOps Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipeline, and build automated test scripts (for infrastructure products and upgrades), and build automation interfaces between systems.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
Typical Targets and Measures
Impact on the Business / Function
* Identify and work on initiatives for process efficiency and service improvement projects to achieve efficiencies (Process. FTE, sustainable saves).
* Drive process improvements and cost efficiency initiatives
* Attempt to avoid external training by doing self-study or internal knowledge sharing for UNIX
* Ensure review within a team for all critical/complex deliverables
* Interact with application teams and other infrastructure teams
* Assist project teams for MIRs and SIPs
Customers / Stakeholders
* Understanding of functional requirements and translation of business requirements into technical specifications
* Participate in crisis calls as applicable
* Proactively identify problem situations and resolve to give maximum customer satisfaction
* Demonstrate analytical and problem management skills
Leadership & Teamwork
* Identify areas where efficiency can be gained
* Suggest & implement best-in-class industry practices in the projects, as applicable.
* Implement Shared delivery in terms of understanding & training the teams on project specific technical aspects
* Support technology Managers in identifying emerging technology trends, constantly question, clarify from teams and ensure that critical technology issues are surfaced and considered
Operational Effectiveness & Control
* Suggest process enhancement
* Adhere to process reviews by ISR/Group
* Ensure strict adherence to all regulatory issues and compliance of all internal controls
* Ensure strict adherence HSBC Group Compliance Policies/FIM
Major Challenges/(The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder’s abilities)/
Being global development team structure, ensure the best practices are used to support the diverse customer group. Have thorough understanding of the environments to provide best service quality. Should have very good hands-on experience in the underlying infrastructure/platforms. Work closely with the stakeholders to avail/impart all necessary training from time to time to ensure enhanced service delivery.
Role Context/(The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)/
HTI is the off shoring arm of the HSBC Group. It is fully owned subsidiary of the HSBC Group with resources dedicated to the development of software solutions for the HSBC Group. It has presence in 4 locations spread across the Globe, in Pune and Hyderabad in India, Guangzhou in China, Krakow in Poland and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. The business model of HTI is that of a dedicated captive software arm. It services IT which in turn services the business needs of the HSBC Group. With over 15000 resources spread across multiple locations, it has a top-down view of the HSBC Group’s Software Footprint. The services it offers are Software Engineering, Engineering Analysis and Design, IT Operations, IT Security, Business Analysis, Test Execution and Analysis. The HSBC Group has embarked on a strategy of moving to common systems and processes globally, to further leverage its global reach, and to reduce IT and Operating costs and maximize shareholder return. HTI has traditionally been at the heart of development and support of HSBC systems and is now called upon to leverage its engineering talent in the engineering of new systems, re-engineering of legacy applications and the deployment thereof.
Jobholder is responsible to work along with CMB ITID and Central ITID teams in supporting and maintaining their IT Infrastructure, work on troubleshooting activities, deliver assigned tasks / projects to satisfy the SLAs and PLAs agreed. The Jobholder would need to possess in-depth technical understanding and competent problem solving & analytical skills. Needs to train and groom trainees on complex systems. Should be able to understand and interpret functional and technical requirements. Escalate technical and managerial issues to the management or client supervisor at the right time. Jobholder is also expected to work in rotational shifts where required to provide agreed support coverage.
Management & Leadership of Regulatory, Compliance & Operational Risk/(Operational Risk / FIM requirements)/
Demonstrate leadership on Regulatory & Compliance matters. Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting in accordance with section B.1.2 of the Group Operations FIM.
Observation of Internal Controls/(Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)/
Maintain and observe HSBC internal control standards, implement and observe Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators. Foster a compliance culture and implement Group Compliance Policy by managing compliance risk in liaison with the Head of Group Compliance, Regional Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer, ensuring adequate compliance resources are in place and training is provided, and optimising relations with regulators
Graduate -BA or BS
**Job:** **Information Technology*
**Title:** *Others/Consultant Specialist/Commercial Banking IT*
**Requisition ID:** *0000ALGS*