JP Morgan Introduction:
J.P. Morgan is a leading global financial services firm, established over 200 years ago:
o We are the leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management.
o We have assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide
o We operate in more than 100 markets.
o We have more than 243,000 employees globally.
Our wholesale businesses include J.P. Morgan’s Asset Management, Commercial Banking and the Corporate Investment Bank which provide products and services to corporations, governments, municipalities, non-profits, institutions, financial intermediaries and high-net worth individuals and families.
Our corporate functions support the entire organization and include the following functions: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Human Resources, Operations, and Technology.
J.P. Morgan in India provides a comprehensive range of Corporate Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Asset Wealth Management, and Corporate functions services and solutions to our clients, executing some of the most important financial transactions and providing essential strategic advice to our clients such as the government, large domestic and multi-national corporations, non-government organizations and financial institutions and investors. India is a key market for JPMorgan Chase globally and our employees in India are a critical part of how we do business globally and are integrated within our businesses. Our Global Service Centers (GSCs) are strategically positioned in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad to support the firm’s operations regionally and globally. The centers provide comprehensive strategic support across technology and business operations processing to all lines of business and the corporate functions.
J.P. Morgan is a leader in financial services, offering innovative and intelligent solutions to clients in
more than 100 countries with one of the most comprehensive global product platforms available.
We have been helping our clients to do business and manage their wealth for more than 200 years
and we keep their interests foremost in our minds at all times. This combination of product strength,
intellectual capital and character sets us apart as an industry leader. J.P. Morgan is part of J.P.
Morgan Chase Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm.
J.P. Morgan Custody provides Institutional investors access to markets worldwide for the settlement,
safekeeping and asset servicing of securities, along with ancillary services such as Foreign Exchange
and Liquidity Solutions. This product suite, along with our Markets business, helps us service our
core client segments: Asset Managers, Asset Owners, Insurance/GSEs, Banks/Broker Dealers and
Hedge Funds and Alternatives. We are committed to delivering investor solutions that help clients
protect their portfolios, optimize their efficiency and maximize opportunities in diverse global
The CFS Middle Office Department is responsible for ensuring all aspects of operations for clients are
completed, transactions are processed on time, exceptions are resolved proactively; provide single
point of contact team and subject matter expertise to the clients. Middle Office covers trade
instruction capture, settlement; fail management, cash instruction capture, projections, overdrafts,
asset servicing instruction capture, dividends, foreign exchange, collateral, derivatives lifecycle
management and bank loans
Incumbent will be responsible for managing CFS Middle Office – Custody Cash Processing function
for flawless delivery, accountable for proper change management process improvement.
Continuously develop industry/product knowledge and utilize the same optimally for process
improvement at all times. Ability to implement and execute development plans for staff and
managing global stakeholders of his/her function.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include –
. Execution of daily business as usual (BAU) tasks/activities in the most efficient and highly control
framework oriented environment.
. Publishing / Review of Daily/weekly performance metrics pertaining to the function and to identify
and track reasons for deviation from agreed levels or expected behaviour.
. Ensure follow up and escalate for all ageing items.
· Perform processing and verification for Cash wires and necessary controls around it.
· End to end responsibility of CFS Middle Office Cash processing function and to be in control of “end
of day” reports/checks and critical intra-day report monitoring and checks.
. Managing all cash exceptions and handholding to closure be it client, market or transaction type
· Play a key role in Audit reviews and checks and attend various internal calls with Product, Network,
Client Facing team, etc. and represent Custody Cash team and add value in ensuring end goal to
enhance customer satisfaction at all times – of course ensuring right controls and checks in place to
avoid Audit Compliance issues.
· Ensure timely review and certification of CFS Middle Office Cash function Procedures, Operating
Service Agreements and Business Resiliency plans.
· Review and improve on productivity benchmarks on an ongoing basis.
· Complete performance appraisal for direct reports and team involving setting the Goals /
Objectives for team members, operations Analyst and Team leader population
· . Active participation in multiple forums such as Product, Client Service, Strategy to analyse the
impact basis market changes and to drive Tech Initiatives to meet client expectation and internal
. Create strong resiliency backups within the team by active involvement in day to day activities
and training initiatives.
· Work in partnership with Operations Control Management / Risk teams for performing QA
testing’s, MIS and Internal and External Audits.
. To continually reassess the operational risks inherent to Cash Processing taking account of changing
business key deliverables, product implementations, legal and regulatory requirements, operating
procedures and practices, staff management
restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
Formal qualification and Experience –
Formal qualification and Experience –
· Excellent prior custody fund services, markets or prime brokerage operational experience
along with managing staff
· Ability to work closely with business partners and interact with all staff levels
· Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
· Experience of working on large scale, multi-stream programs
· Strategic thinking coupled with practical execution
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills including taking the initiative to drive change and
· Ability to manage through a changing business landscape
· Candidate must have a control focused agenda, and a thorough understanding of
· Anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to ensure results
People and Communication
· Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills including the ability to
communicate strategic messages clearly and consistently with the team, making linkages to
individual goals and accomplishments
· Strong relationship management and partnership with a large array of constituents; ability
to manage by influence to promote change
· Proactive in identifying and escalating issues