LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy business (approx. 9300 employees globally), is the world leading supplier of blades to the wind industry, and the only supplier that operates on a global basis. The wind turbine industry is becoming increasingly complex, with radical progress made over the last few decades, providing great opportunities for professional development and a work environment that promotes initiative and creativity. If working in a company which creates state-of-the-art technology and processes attracts you, LM Wind Power has a career for you.
Visit www.lmwindpower.com for more information and follow @lmwindpower on social media.
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy.
Visit www.gerenewableenergy.com for more information and follow @GErenewables on social media.
The primary objective of the position is to lead the Lean Six Sigma improvement process, and through this ensure process improvements, productivity improvements, and cost reductions. This will be accomplished by leading, motivating, and influencing project teams in order to implement the Lean Six Sigma vision dictated by Executive Board/Local Management Team and Master Black Belts.
– Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams empowered to execute the Lean Six Sigma strategy for process improvement, productivity improvement, and cost reduction
– Work with the local management team and LSS community to identify, define, and prioritize portfolio of projects, ensuring work aligns with strategic goals
– Simultaneously lead and complete multiple cross functional LSS projects, often with high complexity and impact per the agreed schedule with minimal Master Black Belt support
– Create project plans and guide team members, including personnel certified at the Green and Yellow Belt levels, to complete projects in a timely manner
– Define and obtain the necessary data, and then calculate the impact of project improvements on operating metrics such as cycle time and defect rate. Partnering with finance as needed to incorporate project metric improvements into operating budget plans (ROI, target savings, budget, etc.) and forecasts
– Maintain appropriate documentation, including project charter, progress updates, and final reports, to capture and communicate learning to enable best practice replication
– Effectively communicate teams progress to operational and LSS leadership. Create executive level presentations for internal or external use as applicable to communicating project and portfolio status and plans.
– Facilitate, train, and coach team members in the use of Lean Six Sigma tools.
– Promote LSS, by example, when interacting with all business resources and when leading LSS projects. Be a LSS process expert
– Work with the local organization to excel data collection and analysis; promote data-driven decisions.
– Deliver breakthrough levels of improvement in process capability and reengineering business processes to reduce cost and increase productivity
– Attain world-class performance, through the development and implementation of Lean Six Sigma philosophy, theory, and practical tools/tactics
Bachelors in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
8-12 Years of Strong experience in Process Improvement. Must have led or co-led minimum 3 full-cycle Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and/or Lean projects.
– Knowledge of Quality Systems (ISO a preferred but not required)
– Demonstrated project management skills
– Statistically literate
– Strong oral and written communication skills. Clear and effective communicator to succeed in the roles as Lean Six Sigma leader, mentor, coach, and trainer
**Locations:** India; Bengaluru