The Help Desk Technician works as part of a team to provide global technical support. The Technician answers questions regarding basic technical issues, provides solutions, and offers advice to improve the end user overall understanding.
### Essential Functions
* The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
* All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
* Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
* In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
*The Essential Functions Include:*
1. Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
2. Serve as the first point of contact for end users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
3. Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques;
1. Determine the best course of action based on the issue and details provided by the user.
2. Provide clear and concise action steps and/or resolution details to the user.
4. Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
5. Update ticket statuses and follow-up with users, as needed.
6. Provide user feedback or suggestions to the appropriate internal team leader.
7. Identify and suggest possible process improvements.
8. All other duties, as assigned.
### Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
* Must have a High School/Matriculation certificate or equivalent.
* Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, including drug testing and/or background investigation.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
* Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
* Must have the legal right to work in India.
* Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Graduate; post graduate preferred with at least two years of IT/help desk experience.
* IT/helpdesk experience.
* Experience with Active Directory and Exchange.
* Knowledgeable or willing to learn BI tools and SharePoint.
* Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
* Serve as an effective team member.
* Strong analytical and problem resolution skills.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
### Working Conditions
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
* Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and/or behavioral selection survey.
* Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
* Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
* Regular computer usage.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
* Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
* Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
* Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
* Frequent sitting.
* Able to work within 24/7 environment.
* Travel, as required.